Riverstone is now hiring for the 2016 season
On-Farm Couple / Family
Riverstone Organic Farm is seeking an experience farming couple to live and work on a certified organic produce and livestock farm. This opportunity involves two full-time positions or equivalent. Enter into the life of a certified organic farm in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Floyd Country Virginia.
Occupy and maintain the brick farm house on the premises and the adjacent farm store.
- Take direction from the farm managers. Includes field work, maintenance, construction, tending animals, landscaping, kitchen work, customer service and odd jobs. Ideally we are looking for new employees who are familiar with farming, equipment, tools, and working long hours outside.
- Two-year commitment minimum. Work week is 5 days, and includes rotating weekend chores.
- $25-30,000 annual salary depending on experience.
- Includes private lodging w/ electric service.
- 2 weeks’ annual off-season vacation.
- Opportunity to learn organic farming and other skills.
- Work with a young and energetic crew of passionate young people.
- Food share and space for personal gardening and animals.
Contact Kat Johnson if you are interested in applying for the position listed above.Send an Email