Riverstone is now hiring for the 2016 season
Produce Delivery Driver – Part Time
Farm Crew Team Member
Riverstone Organic Farm is seeking an experienced farmer or committed couple to join the field crew at Riverstone. Housing is available. Enter into the life of a certified organic farm in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Floyd Country Virginia.
Field Crew members take part in all aspects of the farm work needed to produce 15 acres of organic vegetables. Weeding, seeding, planting, tractor work, harvesting, packing, helping customers, stocking the store, tending the chickens. This field crew member would report to the Farm Managers (Kat and Caroline).
- Ideally we are looking for new employees who are familiar with farming, equipment, tools, and working long hours outside. Those who have made a commitment to a career in agriculture, who have experience under their belt, but need a little more time to hone their skills are encouraged to apply.
- Two-year commitment minimum. This is a full time position with workdays around 9-10hrs. Work week is 5 days, and includes rotating weekend chores.
- Hourly Wage starting at 8.00 / Salary DOE + length of commitment
- Opportunity to learn organic farming and other skills.
- Work with a young and energetic crew of passionate young people.
- Food share and space for personal gardening.
Contact Kat Johnson if you are interested in applying for the position listed above.Send an Email
Riverstone Organic Farm Employment Application 2016
Please thoughtfully answer the following question and return via email or in person along with your resume of work experience.
Position you are applying for:____________________________________________
- Are you able to work legally in the US?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- What interests you about a farming position at Riverstone Organic Farm?
- What are your long term and short term goals related to farming and this position?
- Do you require housing on the farm?
5.. What skills or experience do you have that would be useful on the farm?
- Farming is a physically, emotionally and intellectually challenging (often all at the same time!) Our work days start early, and require us to work in cold, hot and wet weather often and for little pay. Explain how you are prepared for these challenges on a daily basis. (ie are you fit, positive, experienced, love challenges?)
- It is difficult to take time off in a busy season. Therefore we are making sure that most of us will get a 2 day weekend, and we will share rotating weekend chores between the staff. If you need additional time off please note the dates here. – (yes, we all keep working during Floyd Fest, you can attend during your weekend, or evenings)
- Do you have experience with any of the following: Tractors and implements, weed eaters, lawn mowers, chainsaw, truck and trailer, power tools? If so, please explain.
- Please list 3 professional references that can speak to your character and work ethic