Riverstone is now hiring for the 2016 season
Although we are still busy with our 2015 season, we’re getting excited thinking about next year. It promises to be a great year for Riverstone, with a good base of experience building up and some interesting new projects on the horizon.
FIELD MANAGER for the 2016-17 seasons. This is a full-time position beginning February 1st 2016. A 2 year minimum commitment. 4 weeks of leave time, food share, housing option available. Salary: $22k/year.
- Be an advocate for organic food and Riverstone Organic Farm.
- Experience in the growing of certified organic vegetables. Familiarity with the certification process, audits, growing and harvesting, soils management, OMRI, GAP, etc.
- Experience executing a seedling plan, greenhouse operations, preparing and following a crop plan, fertilization plan, cover-cropping, QC guidelines, weed, pest and pathogen control etc.
- Skillful at managing people and developing relationships. Being a good communicator, teacher and coordinator for the field staff, customers, visitors, other managers and with the farm owners. Possess the flexibility and temperament to be a good team player.
- Experience operating and caring for farm equipment; tractors (30-50 HP), trucks, cultivators, irrigation systems, greenhouse equipment, etc.
- Possess basic computer skills, manage data and coordinate with our bookkeeper, do purchasing and manage the logistics of harvesting, packaging and delivery of products.
- Be willing to work hard and set a good example for others.
FARM WORKERS : We will be posting additional jobs for field hands for the 2016 season. Assistance with housing may be available. We are always interested in enthusiastic workers who live in, or feel a pull towards, this area. Please email us for more information and to request an application.