2023 csa FarmShare is open for signup
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a model for farming built around the mutual commitment between farmers and eaters who share a vision for a more sustainable, just and vibrant local food system. For the farmer, a CSA establishes a community of consumers dedicated to supporting their farm for the entire season, giving the farmer the security to purchase seeds, fertilizer and hire staff at the beginning of the season. The consumer gets the first pick at what’s fresh that week, a discount on their upfront financial commitment, and a relationship with their food that extends beyond the supermarket.
how it works
Each week (starting in mid-May and going until the week before Thanksgiving), we fill your virtual CSA webstore shopping cart with a diverse selection of fresh seasonal vegetables grown at our farm. You can then login to your account to swap, add, or remove items. Minimum orders are $15/week and you can cancel your share anytime for as many weeks as you choose. Our goal is to provide you with the utmost flexibility in customizing your share to include the vegetables you love to cook and eat. We harvest the items you have selected and pack your unique box and bring it to your designated delivery location for you to pick-up.
A weekly selection of 7-10 items with a value of ~$30.
Upfront payment of $690 or 2 installments of $345 or pay weekly.
Bonus values are added with upfront payments: $60 for single payment or $30 for first installment payment only.
A weekly selection of 5-7 items with a value of ~$20.
Upfront payment of $470 or 2 installments of $235 or pay weekly.
Bonus values are added with upfront payments: $30 for single payment or $15 for first installment payment only.
Guaranteed delivery of the most popular items when you pre-order ahead of time.
Receive a discount when you pay upfront in the form of bonus values added to your account balance.
ALL shares are FULLY customizable: you decide what you get, how often you pick-up and how much money you want to spend.
CSA members can order from our webstore anytime of the year. The official CSA season (when I pre-fill your shopping carts) is mid-May through the week before Thanksgiving.
We only include certified organic produce that we have grown ourselves at our farm. We grow more than 40 different types of vegetables and herbs. What is available changes with the seasons and is harvested at the peak of ripeness. Your share may include:
arugula, asparagus, beets, broccoli, sprouting broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, chicories (radicchio, escarole), cucumbers, eggplant, fennel, garlic, bok choi, sweet corn, green beans, peas, chard, collards, kale, baby kale, herbs, kohlrabi, lettuce heads, lettuce mix, mesclun mix, power greens, fresh bunching onions, bulb onions, parsnips, bell peppers, romanesco, sweet peppers, hot peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, summer squash, spinach, spring mix, scallions, zucchini, radishes, slicing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, turnips, watermelon, winter squash, fresh baby ginger, microgreens and more!
- 4:00pm At our Farm Store: 708 Thompson Rd SE. Self-serve pick-up all weekend.
- 9:00am-1:00pm Floyd Farmer’s Market
- 8:00am-2:00pm Blacksburg Farmer’s Market
- 1:30pm-5:00pm Copper Hill, Soup Shop
Roanoke/Salem, ~2-6pm Tuesdays:
- 2:00pm-6:00pm Greenbrier Nursery: 5881 Starkey Rd, Roanoke
- 2:00pm-6:00pm Private Home: Hunting Hills, off Doe Run Rd
- 2:30pm-6:00pm Sweet Donkey Coffee: 2108 Broadway Ave SW, Roanoke
- 3:00pm-6:00pm Roanoke Mountain Adventures: 806 Wasena Ave SW, Roanoke
- 3:30pm-6:00pm LEAP Hub: 1037 Patterson Ave, Roanoke
- 3:30pm-6:00pm Roanoke Coop: 1319 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke
- 3:45pm-6:00pm Roanoke Valley Children’s Academy: 2040 Apperson Dr., Salem
- 4:00pm-6:00pm College Lutheran Church: 210 S College Ave, Salem
Blacksburg/Christiansburg, Tuesdays: 4:30-7:30pm
- 4:30pm-6:00pm Aspire Marketing Agency, 300 Pepper St SE, Christiansburg
- 5:00pm-6:00pm Annie Kay’s, Blacksburg, 1531 S Main St, Blacksburg
- 5:30pm-7:30pm In-Balance Yoga, 1512 N Main St, Blacksburg