- 1 lb rhubarb, chopped into chunks the length of your thumb
- 1/2 cup fine granulated/castor sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Simmer rhubarb and sugar for 10 minutes until the rhubarb is soft but still holding shape. Add more sugar if needed then pour the mix into a baking dish. ( 8 x 8 glass pan will work)
- Rub flour and butter together to breadcrumb texture and then add sugar and nuts. Sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with custard, cream or ice cream.